My Maverick Restoration Photo Album
After the Pictures there will be a quick list of upgrades.
Click on the Photos below to view the large size of this Magazine article from Mustang and Fords (Jan.2002)
Click on photos below to enlarge
|First I took the front end and the doors off. In this picture I am getting ready to pull the motor.|
This is just after I removed the motor, Interior, and Glass.
|This is the new Fiberglass Hood. I had to trim the lower front lip and trim the back center of the hood by the cowl.|
|"Heck with it!!!!!!, I'm going to send this car to the sand blaster!!!|
|This is a picture of the day I got my car back from the sand blaster. I left the rear end on and the front suspension, other than that the car was pretty well stripped. $225 later and every thing was clean!!|
|Back from the Sand Blaster - Back View.|
This picture is of the old rear Valance and the new Fiberglass Valance. I had to trim the bottom corners and drill holes for the screws to make it fit. (It fits very nicely). Click here for more about the fiberglass rear Valance.
|Cleaning those half million parts. My buddy needs to work much harder! Ha! Ha!|
|This is after the rust was removed, repaired and the front end was primed.|
|Here we painted the engine compartment with the same color as the exterior would be painted. The rear end is the last part to be removed from the vehicle.|
|This is the fender before I cut out the headlight & side marker lamp holes. Also the bolt holes had to be cut out. (If you do this yourself, Take your time! These fenders cost to much to screw up.)|
|Here the newly painted Fiberglass Fenders & Valance are being fitted & matched.|
|This is after the frame had been painted, new suspension and engine block put back on.|
I just installed the rear end and rebuilt the rear brakes.
I had the hood latch receiver chromed. Here is a picture after it was installed with the Fiberglass stone guard. Also the Fiberglass fenders have been bolted on. This was a very trying time!!
Looking Good, New Radiator, engine completely done and running, ready to put on headlight trim.
|Here I had to drill holes for the headlight trim, not as hard as it was trying to get the headlight gear in.|
Guess what, having a hard time getting a rear window molding! Nothing is easy.
Just about done, All I need to do now is put the grill and Headlight covers on. Also I'm getting ready to put shorter springs in the front end. Because with the fiberglass front end, Battery in the trunk, and smaller bumper, the front end sits up about 2 inches higher. As you can see in the next picture, I removed about three-forths of a ring from the front springs and now the car sits great and rides well.
|All done, Well worth it!!! During the time it took me to rebuild this car my wife got pregnant, had the baby and we finished of the basement. Wow!!|
Well, Not all done, I decided I needed new wheels, These wheels look a ton better!!!
They are from Weld Racing - Draglite 90 series - 15" on back 14" on front - 3 1/2" offset
I bought them from www.JEGS.com or 1-800-345-4545
1) Front clip was converted from a 1973 to 1970 fiberglass front clip. The following are fiberglass: Fenders, Grabber Hood, Valance, Stone Guard, and Bumper. 2) Rear valance is fiberglass. 3) Rear wheel well lip is custom. 4) Exterior Paint is Black with brown metal flake.
1) Seats have been recovered with black vinyl, cloth inserts same as the 93 Taurus SHO.(Pleated) 2) Door panel covered with cloth same a 93 Taurus SHO.(Pleated) 3) All interior metal painted the same as the out side of the car. 4) Sun Pro Gauges. 5) Tach by AutoMeter. 6) Dim switch and Gas pedal are chrome feet. 7) B & M Mega Shifter. 8) Mahogany Steering wheel from GRANT 9) CD & Stereo from Pioneer. (Power Antenna)
Drive Train Modifications
1) Front Shocks are COMPETITION ENGINEERING Drag Race Shocks. 2) B & M Mega Shifter. 3) Battery move to the trunk. 4) Front Coil Springs have been cut by 1 full round. Front end was so light after the mods that it sat way to high. 5) Transmission is a C4 with B & M shift kit. 6) Rear end is a 8" with Posi-Track and 3:56:1 Richmond Gears installed.
Engine Modifications 302
1) Mallary Breakerless Ignition System. 2) High Temp Super Stock Spiral core 8mm wires. 3) .493/501* Comp Cam and Hydraulic Lifters 4) Double roller timing chain. 5) EdelBrock Performer Intake. 6) EdelBrock 750 CFM Carb. 7) EdelBrock Elite Air Cleaner & Signature Valve Covers. 8) Engine compartment painted same as Exterior. 9) The following have been chromed: Fan, Fan pulley, Hood-Hinges, cross members, oil pan, shock tower caps, & hood latch assem. 10) Exhaust is made up of Hedman Hedders and 2 1/2 inch stainless steel ran out the back.
Wheels & Tire Modifications
1) They are from Weld Racing - Draglite 90 series - ,15"back ,14"front - 3 1/2" offset 8 inches wide. 2) Tires are Goodyear Eagle ST's, Front=P215/60R14, Back=P275/60R15.